The LDE Centre for Global Heritage and Development at the University of Leiden is looking for a
In this role you will be responsible for internal and external communication on research, education and (other) projects and help build a strong exposure. You will set up communication processes and plans and will implement them, while guarding the corporate Leiden-Delft-Erasmus identity and proper tone of voice. You actively contribute ideas on the design, organisation and implementation of the content of communication (printed matter, LDE magazine, events). You will have a coordinating role in connecting the Centre with the Faculty, Central University Communication Services and LDE communication. Your main tasks include:
- Designing and producing internal and external communication (a.o. website, social media, annual report);
- Producing content (interviews with students and staff);
- Coordinating student reporters;
- Networking and promoting the centre/community building;
- Organising events;
- Performing other duties related to communication.
- You have good writing and editing skills and have experience with systems and programs such as CMS, Typo3, html, mailplus, collector / qualtrix, InDesign / Photoshop;
- You write and edit texts for the LDE magazine, the website, newsletter and other resources;
- You maintain social media (Twitter, Facebook) and are (co-)responsible for the design of the LDE website;
- You are the link between the LDE team, the LDE centers and the web agency;
- A background in communication (at least BA-level);
- High proficiency in English and Dutch;
- Affinity with cultural heritage;
- Flexible and able to work independently;
- Result driven;
- Excellent social skills;
The job requires you to work independently or as a team. You will be part of a small collegial and ambitious team and work closely with the managing director.
For more information and to apply please visit the website from Leiden University.