The Centre for Global Heritage and Development is looking for an intern with image skills to help us build up an image bank and help us formulate a new communications strategy. As intern you will have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary academic environment spanning three universities while expanding your personal portfolio and network.
The Centre for Global Heritage and Development is a collaboration of Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and Erasmus University Rotterdam. It uses its interuniversity and interdisciplinary status to go beyond the traditional study of heritage, by focusing on how heritage relates to cultural, social and environmental developments and decisions. We believe that heritage studies in the 21st century call for a new approach, a partnership between archaeology, architecture, the social sciences, the humanities, law, science, technology and design and urban and regional studies.
What will you do?
One of our key goals is to translate and spread the insights gained from our researchers academic output to greater audiences. In digital times this means that image and audiovisual materials are as relevant as text in spreading information. Hence, you will help create, and expand our Centre’s image bank based on:
- Existing image databases (RCE, FLICKR, University databases, National Archives);
- Contacting different university faculties and partners to gain access to said databases;
- Obtain audiovisual materials from our extensive network of affiliated researchers;
- Shooting your own photographs and videos;
- Editing audiovisual material.
Who you are
- BA/MA student from one of the three participating universities;
- You have an interest in cultural heritage;
- You have experience with photography and own your own gear;
- You have experience with audiovisual tools (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, etc);
- You are proficient in English, both written and spoken (knowledge of Dutch not necessary);
- Well-developed social skills;
- a head full of ideas.
What we offer
Besides being able to work within a team of heritage experts spanning three universities, in which you can expand your own professional network, we offer you an internship compensation according to Leiden University standards and we will cover other expenses you will make while working for the centre.
Are you interested in the position? Please send your cover letter and CV to our communications officer Raúl van Dijk Escoriza.