Human remains are a part of physical anthropological and archaeological collections. Engaging with the current debates on the colonial origins of museum collections and restitutions, the Centre for Global Heritage and Development is organizing a symposium on this controversial topic. In a three hour session, issues regarding the conservation, ethics and restitution of human remains in museum inventories will be addressed by experts in the field.
This symposium is an initiative of our Student Board and takes place in collaboration with the Volkenkunde Museum in Leiden. Participation is open to all interested.
- 13:00 - 13:10 Word of welcome and introduction
- 13:10 - 13:40 1st lecture
- 13:40 - 13:55 Q&A
- 14:10 - 14:15 Introduction to second lecture
- 14:15 - 14:45 2nd lecture
- 14:45 -15:00 Q&A
- 15:10 - 15:15 Introduction to third lecture
- 15:15 - 15:45 3rd lecture
- 15:45 - 16:15 Q&A and Discussion
- 16:15 -16:20 Conclusion and closure
More information on the speakers and schedule will follow soon.
Contact our Educations Officer dr. Rients de Boer for comments and questions.