The Centre for Global Heritage and Development stimulates and facilitates multidisciplinary and innovative heritage research and education. To this cause the Centre also has seed money that can be used by our affiliated scholars (PhD’s, postdocs, research staff). The seed money can, for example, be spend on the organization of workshops, expert meetings or other events, guest invitations, travel, film, translation and publication, but also as compensation for grant proposal writing or for hiring temporary extra capacity (a TA or trainee).
The seed money is available for affiliated scholars from the Centre for Global Heritage and Development. Your proposal should be in line with one of the themes of the Centre-‘Heritage under Threat’, ‘Heritage and Identity’ , 'Art, Heritage and Science' or ‘Heritage and Environment’ (please see the research themes for a description) and should contribute in some extent to Leiden-Delft-Erasmus collaboration: multidisciplinary and innovative education and research, profiling, future external funding options and/or valorization.
Your proposal needs to involve at least two out of three Universities of the LDE-Alliance: Leiden University, Delft Technical University and/or Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- If your research proposal involves scholars from two universities (Leiden, Delft and/or Erasmus) you are eligible for 2000 euro*
- If your research proposal involves scholars from all three universities (Leiden, Delft and Erasmus) you are eligible for 4000 euro*
Describe your research proposal - paying attention to the criteria mentioned above - in one page and send it together with a budget estimate to both relevant research coordinators (it is recommended to contact them in an early stage), CC Mara de Groot.
- There is a variable and maximum amount of 10.000 euro to spend each calendar year.
- Each Affiliated Scholar can apply once per year.
- Each cluster/thematic programme can have a maximum of three awards.
- CGHD seed money is not meant for purchasing hardware/equipment.
If your proposal has been selected as a CGHD-project, CGHD can also play a part in organization and exposure of the project results. This will be discussed with you in further detail.
Also check LDE Global and LDE Research Development Support.